The forward-thinking /future-focused organizations have already taken the initiative of the home office using the technology and struggling to fit in the pandemic situation. It is such a sudden challenge for which the organizations and employees were not at all ready and they had to face it without any notice. So the employees faced two challenges together:
- Ensuring productivity using technology
- To fit with the new Working Environment
While facing the above challenges, the management has to identify the solution for the following:
- How to Help
- Where to Help
- Believing that Employees really need the Help
The following points may help the organizations to go forward:
- First of all, organizations need to help the employees to develop the mindset of the home office.
- Give the training on the implemented solution
- Helping them to set an environment of office tasks.
Also, organizations need to develop a trust culture among the employees.
Employees also face the following challenges:
- Maintaining productivity
- Fitting themselves in the working environment
It is true that the pandemic situation will be over but the organizations which will be able to survive during this period will have a great advancement in the future. The employees can take the following measures to stay safe from any threats in their professional life:
- Should take training on home office operation tools
- Try to be positive
- Give a break on daily routines
- Develop more bonds with coworkers
- Should know the effective use of Smartphones
- Should Know Proper Use of Social Media
- Should develop the soft skills which will help them to tackle environmental challenges
- Should Know the recommended documentation process of the organizations
- New CRM tools
- Should have the ability to ensure the productivity tackling the issues at home office cultures.
- Timely reporting on work progress
- Visibility on recommended channels
- Upgrading knowledge of relevant industries
Most importantly effective communication with the management through the prescribed channels would make a huge impact on employee’s performance.
Amena Hasan, Sr. Assistant Director, Daffodil International University
And also a creative content developer and working as a Business Communication Expert. Currently, she is holding the office of the national president of CYFI, Google Educators Group (Dhaka).